Sunday, January 28, 2007

That's Hot

A note at the beginning, I've been training for the Price is Right and Slade is getting tired of it. And speaking of Slade, he burned his hand the other night. Sam had just finished cooking and was standing there at the stovetop with Slade. He told Slade, "Don't touch that. It's really hot." So Slade starts touching everything else on the stovetop. He made a mistake and touched the hot one too. Man, his hand is toasted. But after the first night, when he cried for about an hour and a half as he put his hand in the ice water and pulled it out over and over again, he's been okay. I'm glad he is calm about it. Sam made a little hand cover for his hand the first night. A washcloth taped around his wrist. Slade wanted it to be taped everywhere else too. It looked like a pinata. Still, Slade came into bed with me the next morning without the hand thing and said, "Mom, my hand is better." Yeah! I was excited that things were good. Still throughout the day he still wanted to wear the pinata.

Sam and I went on a date to a church activity last night. We got to dance a couple of times and play Jeopardy. It was cool. We had a babysitter who was building towers with the boys and Slade asked for her first thing this morning. He has been wanting to go to her house or have her over. He also mistakenly thinks her name is Ticee. Her name is Amy, but it sounds like Ticee and I think there may be a little confusion there, eh sister?

Well, we are trying to get our pictures to download to the computer off the camera and it's not working. It's a job that I should do soon. Later.

3 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jods,
How exactly does one train for the Price is Right? I haven't watched it since I was at your house when Slade was born. Do they do different game and stuff? Boy I feel completely PIR illiterate. I am so happy for you though. I hope it is every thing you hope it will be. Love ya

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger ticee said...

You crack me up! I love that you are training for PIR! And too cute that your kids think your babysitter is Ticee...usually kids don't get my name right.

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger 8reese said...

Jodi, Sorry about Slades burn. They hurt so badley. That's fun that you got to go on a date we need them. Dad's here we are having a great tome. Welll I am. He seems to be doing better. Lets keep him in our prayers. Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home