Thursday, November 02, 2006

Children and Candy and Refereeing (or however you spell it)

Halloween is over. That's not a bad thing but we had a good time with the holiday. And I thought of Julie on the 1st- Dia de Los Santos. It's crazy at this point. Now we have so much extra candy around our house. The boys have their own bags, we have 3 unopened bags of M&Ms, I have my little stash of caramels and it's crazy. The worst part is keeping Slade away from it all. I know when it's quiet that he's in the middle of something.

Yesterday I was on the computer trying to get tickets to Vegas for Thanksgiving and didn't hear much for awhile. I didn't worry because the candy was right behind me. Then Scott started calling "Mama, mama." I went to see what was up and Slade was hiding in the corner. He had found my caramels (which are hidden in an empty sour cream thing) and was eating them in the other room. What a child. Later I saw him sneaking away quietly into his room. He doesn't like to be in his room by himself so I asked him if he was stealing candy. "Yes." Then he and Scott were found by the bags, Slade providing the candy to both of them. You'd think he was my child- the amount of candy he wants to eat.

But guess what! Sam got off from work and we get to come out for Thanksgiving. Crazy and so exciting. I'm sure Ticee and her boys will be so ready for us to go by the time we leave but we will be so ready to get there when we do. I am way excited to go see my family. I wish you could be there DiAnn. And I get to show off my family. They are beautiful.

Anyway, there is my excitement. We will enjoy sharing more later.

3 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Julie Castellon said...

Hurray for Thanksgiving. We haven't been together for ages. I so wish for Brigham to know his cousins. OK... the girls, too. Too much candy in the house. Danger.. I always eat more than my kids.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It will be so great to see you guys. It has been forever. I can't wait!!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger ticee said...

I'm sick of the candy by now, and have threatened to throw it away many times, but I just can't throw perfectly good candy away, that is a crime against humanity!!! I'm gettin pretty excited for Thanksgiving...only 18 more days, and only 15 more untily you come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home