Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dinner Manners

So we had visitors over for dinner tonight. Sam was at work and I was there being the hostess by myself. It was all cool. They are friends and I don't have to impress them or anything. It's a real good thing because Slade decided to be ... somehow. He pooped in his underwear at the beginning of dinner. We left our visitors eating and went to clean him up. Then we came back to eat. He farted in the middle of the dinner conversation. And laughed of course. I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom. "No" About 10 minutes later he pooped again, all over the place. Those poor friends of ours. I don't think they got the smell. But they didn't get much of our company either because I was too busy cleaning up my child dirty bottom. And there was alot of tension in me. She was all calm about the whole thing. I have to say that I'm glad I don't have to do business dinners or anything like that. I am so not that good at being a hostess. After we finished cleaning up his second mess our friends had cleaned up the table and floor in the kitchen. Man, things were closing quickly. I needed to put the boys in bed and all that. Still, this lady and her husband are moving and I don't know when we will see them again. Anyway. Thank heaven she was here and not other people and she was very patient with me and Slade.

We went to the MRI today. The MRI is not a beautiful thing but it didn't scare me too bad. The worst part of all of the testing is that I'm scared of IVs and I had to have one. They used some stuff to emphasize where the "thing" is. The exact edges and all. Still, I love to get rid of the IV. They scare me.

I should be off to bed. Sam is at work and I should be in bed so I will be ready to take care of the kids so he can sleep without the boys keeping him up tomorrow. Talk later.

1 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger ticee said...

Sounds like alot of fun! I've had dinners like that. I've also been to dinners like that. Let me just tell you, I always like it better when its not my kid pooping!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home