Thursday, December 28, 2006

Down Time

Christmas is over. Things are slowing down a little. Sam has started his week off tonight. He gets one of those each month because he works 12 hour shifts. I think this is going to be the 'take down the decorations' week. We got a new tree. We have a fake tree that has been around for a few years. It's time for it to retire. We got a fancy new one for $15. After Christmas sales are really good when you want Christmas stuff.

Sam's family has gone away. But the grandparents and Ben are going to be back before the appointment on Tuesday when we tell the Dr. that we want surgery. I like to have people who volunteer to take care of our boys. Sam's mom is crazy about taking care of and being around our boys. She asked me if it really would be okay for them to move close to us. She knows that some people can deal with the family (especially mother-in-laws) close and others can't. I have to admit that I would like to have them close enough to take our kids to school when they move out here. The elementary school bus comes at 6am. And if they have their own house I can tell them to go away if I want to. It's good that she cares enough to ask.

We got 'the sickness' here on Christmas Eve. Poor Scott was throwing up in bed every night and every other time he laid down. Sam started that on Christmas and then his Dad did on the 26th. Wow. Of course there was always alot of stuff coming out the other end. Man, the first time Scott could keep something down he drank it so fast and was so mad at me because I made him pause a little in between each 1/2 glass. That crazy boy needed some real liquid. So we hope he is getting better and wont be sick anymore. We will see.

Did you all hear that James Brown died? The whole town/area here is in mourning. There was a 1/2 hour news session all about that- who will give his eulogy, what clothes he's going to wear at each viewing, how hard it was for the guy who picked the clothes to pick them because of the memories, and they showed the people standing at his statue in Augusta. (He is from here you know.) I don't suppose I have ever thought enough about burying someone to think about the important things like that.

It's time for the weekend. Sam has no work tomorrow and so we can stay up and watch a little late TV and be calm and not get up before 5am.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Julie Castellon said...

So... I finally got online and got caught up on your blog. Yeah... no cancer! And you thought we shouldn't fast.

I did hear about the death of James Brown, and Gerald Ford as well, don't forget Saadaam (you can never have too many a's) and Pinochet. But, I must admit the death that has made me forlorn is that of the dad on "Everybody Loves Raymond." Holy crap, that guy made us laugh.

And I must say that I am grateful for the church because just burry me in temple clothes (and a Pendleton blanket... I already own it, just take it out of the closet)... sing a few hymns, and I'm good.

You are lucky to have great in-laws that want to take care of your cats and help out. I would love it if my kids had grandparents that wanted to see them, let alone take care of them and be close to them. I too repeat what Susan said. We are glad you have Sam's family supporting and helping since you are so far away. Love ya!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home