Thursday, January 08, 2009

and we're back.




It's been awhile. A year. Wow, how time flies. Life has changed in the last while. Sam and I have 2 boys in school and a little baby Sadie. How's that for change. It's been a good year.

So this year we got a Christmas card from Mary and Jason saying that they missed our blog and I started feeling guilty. I don't write in my journal, I don't write in my blog, I just haven't written much at all. But I also got an invite to be part of Facebook. Now, I haven't heard anything about Facebook so I thought I could do that and find a few people that I know. Holy cow that thing is busy. I know I can monitor and drain the stuff that I don't really want to know about. (Good thing because I knew everything these two sisters said to each other on the computer for the first few days.) And I found out when ever anyone I knew got to be friends with anyone else. It was crazy. So I decided to come back to the blog. Here I can write and people can respond if they want to and I don't need to know who did what and who said hi to who else.
Anyway, Sam's parents finished their mission in Salt Lake in August. Sam's mom came out here in September. I was excited because Baby Sadie was born in August and I was trying to deal with a new baby. I think a new baby is a new adventure, but different, every time you go there. And while Grandma was here she visited Jill's new baby also, born in June. I think that the boys also started school while she was here. They are going to preschool. Slade was very anti-school but has just turned 5 (so he can go to kindergarten this year or next) and Scott wanted to go so badly so we put them both in. They love it.
We just finished Christmas with everyone here. All of Sam's family except his 12 year old niece was here. It was great! I do love family gatherings. And his parents spent a lot of time looking for houses. Their house just went on the market and as soon as they sell it they are going to move out here so they can drive me around. (We all know that it's really so they can be by their grand kids and so they can breathe better in the lower elevation.)
And as everyone leaves to start a new year we keep praying that their house will sell and they will come back quick. It's all good though. We will see what happens. I hope I'll get back in the habit of writing a blog so I can read it. So check out my family. Cool, huh.

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Julie Castellon said...

Welcome back. Love the pictures!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Julie Castellon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger steve said...

WOW!! you remembered your blog! welcome back! yeah, i hear ya on the facebook thing. it is definitely something that can suck away hours and hours if you are not careful. but hey, it IS cool to reconnect with people ya haven't talked to in 10+ years. anyway, glad you are back! and very cute pics of the little ones and you and sam :). love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home