Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Slade, the Adventurer

We've had some fun with Slade lately. He sees the world in a different way than Sam and I do. I think it was about 2 weeks ago he got an etch-a-sketch from a friend. He was excited and was drawing on it. It's not easy to make really distinct pictures on those. He brought one of his drawings to Sam and was telling him all about it. The story went something like this-'On this side are the bad guys and the angels are on the other side. The angels are throwing pies at the bad guys.' Now we really haven't seen or been to any carnivals or any other place that you see things like that (that I can remember) but he was sure the bad guys were going to lose because of the pies being thrown at them.

He also got to say his first prayer in Primary. He was very excited. And he wanted to go up and talk at the end of the last testimony meeting, but it was the end. I didn't feel guilty about not taking him up.

He has become very confident about his going to the bathroom himself. I have asked a couple of guys to check on him in the church bathroom a few times because he won't go into the girls bathroom. But he does good.

He was swimming at the neighbor's house and decided he had to go to the bathroom. I didn't want to have him dripping all over so I sent him behind our shed to pee. I think I said "Go over there then." Well, he didn't understand it. I went to check on him after he had been back there for along time and found him just playing. He hadn't peed yet and I told him he could pee in the dirt. He was confused. You can tell Sam hasn't taught him all the things he could learn out in the yard.

Sam was helping finish up in the bathroom the other night and Slade told him that his friend, Ross (don't ask me where he picked that name), was stuck in the toilet so he couldn't flush yet. Hello. Sam asked him to help Ross out because he was going to fluch in 3 seconds. Slade saved Ross. Don't ask me where he went from there. Slade has never introduced him to me.

This morning was a new adventure. Slade and Scott like to play with the flashlight and most of the time it's not a big deal. I heard alot of noise this morning though, coming from the bathroom. So I went to check on them. Slade had the light in the bathtub. I took it away. It was all wet.
"Whey are you guys playing in here?"
"It looks so cool in the water. We were just shining it in here."
"You were shing it in the water? In the toilet?"

Maybe Slade has a thing for toilets. He also threw our bathroom cup into our toilet in our bathroom this morning. I think they said they were trying to throwing things in and taking them out. Needless to say, the bathrooms are off limits except to go to the bathroom.

On a clearer note- we can see the bottom of the pool we've been cleaning for a month. And we can still see it after we start vacuuming/scooping stuff out. That means it's getting close to done. I'm excited. It's crazy that such a small bit of joy takes so much work. Really it wouldn't take so much work if we kept up with it all the time but that's hard to do.

Well, Slade says I've written enough and I need to go get him and Scott some raisins. I'm off.

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jodi,
Slade is so cute. I love that all of you fighting involves throwing pies. My family is a little too familiar with all sorts of guns.

I thought just my kids were into the potty thing. The flashlight is a new twist.

We are doing baseball games at my house. It is really fun to watch them play. We go from Logan's game which is Little League and very intense to Rebekah's T-ball games where the kids run the bases in the wrong direction. It is lots of fun.
I will talk to you later. Love ya.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jodi,
Slade is so cute. I love that all of you fighting involves throwing pies. My family is a little too familiar with all sorts of guns.

I thought just my kids were into the potty thing. The flashlight is a new twist.

We are doing baseball games at my house. It is really fun to watch them play. We go from Logan's game which is Little League and very intense to Rebekah's T-ball games where the kids run the bases in the wrong direction. It is lots of fun.
I will talk to you later. Love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home