Sunday, May 20, 2007

We had an adventure yesterday. My friend Tammy took Bryan (her son) and me and the boys to Columbia yesterday to the zoo. It was great! We had a good time doing everything. We started out with Slade running through the line into the zoo without paying because he had to get to the bathroom. I'm glad there were 2 adults. I couldn't have gotten him there before an accident and this way we got him in while someone still payed. I didn't bring a stroller so we got one of those 2-kid strollers that they rent. (Wonderful! I had forgotten how heavy the diaper bag is.)

We saw the birds, the monkeys, the snakes and lizard things, the fish, elephants, tortoises, penguins, orangutans, etc. We got to pet the big turtle. It was posing and stayed there by the fence so the kids could pat it's back or touch it's legs. We also saw flamingos. They are cool. And probably the brightest thing around. The boys both loved the fish the best. Slade ran away in all three different houses- the bird house, the monkey house, the fish place. He is crazy. Needless to say he was stuck in the stroller for awhile, not able to get out. I wasn't gonna give in on that one. There were lots of people there. I'll bet there were more kids under 12 than adults. It was crazy. The last thing we did at the zoo was ride an endangered species carousel. Scott and I rode a tiger. Tammy stood by Slade. She made this day so much better. And Bryan gave us the tiger because it had a bigger saddle for a bigger bumba. (Scott and I make 1 1/2 bumbas.)

After the zoo we went to the Columbia temple. My boys have never seen a temple before. Not that they would recognise or know what it was. Bryan hadn't been there either. We got to walk around a bit and see the white and pretty. I love the calm. If you ask the boys whose house the temple is Slade will tell you it's Heavenly Father's and Scott will say Jesus. I love my boys.

On the way home Slade and Bryan decided that Slade would stay the night at Tammy's house. Tammy said it was OK. Slade adores Bryan and Bryan loves to have someone to hang with. When we got home Scott started to fall apart because he wanted to be with Slade. It ended up that Tammy (poor Tammy) took all the boys to her house and I stayed home alone. I prepared lessons for church to be responsible but more than that I just was calm, and alone. Sam didn't get to be part of the adventure of the day because he was working/ sleeping/ working. It was quiet at our house and I think Tammy had her hands full. I sure owe her a ton. We had fun. I think next time the boys will stay at my house though.

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Julie Castellon said...

Jodi... I was just getting caught up on your blog. So many fun things! Your kids sound so cute... and thank goodness for Tammy to hit the road with. Love ya tons!

Oh, and I can't wait to tell Elder about Sam's hair cut. He always freaks out while I am cutting his hair because he thinks I go to fast. I must slow down and concentrate!

Love ya!
Julie

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger 8reese said...

Jodi,
I love to read your blogs . We love the zoo but I remember many a lost child and prayers to find them. Love you DiAnn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home