Wednesday, October 04, 2006

At Home

What a while this has been. You know, since the last while. Sam started on shift work and so he leaves for work at 5:15am and gets home about 7pm. Poor Slade asks all morning, "Where is Dad?" Then when the afternoon comes he starts asking, "How long til Dad comes home?" So you think he loves him?

We have these Banquet pot pie meal things. They aren't worth the 49 cents they cost but don't tell Banquet that. Still, they are doing this Daytona 500 Nascar game. (Julie you really ought to look into this.) Every day Slade says, "I wanta race, Mom. I wanta race." You can enter the UPC number and pick a race car on the computer and it will race in front of you. It is one of the boys' favorite times of the day.

We went to the park today with about 6 other moms in our ward. It was fun. There was this lady there who smiled at me. I knew I should have recognised her but I didn't. I didn't know which kids were hers or if she had more than one. She knew me and the boys' names. So we were talking and she said something about her seeing us leave our house about the time they were packing up. (Oh, this is our neighbor.)

"Is this one your baby?" she asked. "He's getting so big."

"Yours are getting big too," I say.

"Oh, he's really big." She points at the slide.

Great, does she just have one? I just said something really stupid. Then who is this other one holding on to her leg? I ask what his name was. "Oh, that's Caleb playing on the slide, and this is Jacob. Bible names." Yeah, I'm right. There are two boys. Monica (I heard her name when I introduced her to one of my other friends and didn't tell them her name.) is a Baptist minister's wife. When I first met her I was so excited because I saw a UT plate on the back of her car and thought we grew up in the same place and could talk some home talk. But she had just come home from a mission in UT during the Olympics. She's so not what I expected, but way cooler than I expected too. Man, the stupid ideas I put or let into my head as I grew up.

When we got back from the park and had our lunch, we sent Scott off for his nap and Slade and I decided to make some rice crispie treat things with Chex. I let Slade help me. He was going to pour the already measured cereal into the marshmallows. I am not a really patient person and when he poured only about 2/3 of it into the marshmallows I did have a little stress. I had to clean the rest up and put it in. But then we got to clean off the spoons and such. It's fun to cook bad-for-you food.

Well, my boys are wanting me. Slade is actually eating his "tweets". But Scott is begging for me and that doesn't happen much so I think I'll take advantage of it.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is wonderful to read your blog. I love them. I am going to get mine updated one of these days. Love ya.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger ticee said...

Sounds like a fun day at the park! And I love love love rice crispies, they are my favorite snack. I used to make them with all sorts of things, cherios, chex, cornflakes, anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home