Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Beautiful Family

We had our neighbor kids over to our house on Friday. It was a pretty day here and we were playing in the backyard. The 6 year old girl asked me, "Are you a teenager?" What a beautiful moment. But I said no. And I had to laugh. I told her I was probably about the same age as her mom. She said her mom was alot bigger than me. I told her I thought she meant that her mom was older than me. Either way, it's just not true. They kids came over to play with Sam. Everyone loves him. He just fits with everyone. Makes people feel comfortable. What a hero!

Scott was in the bathroom the other day and tore a hole in the wallpaper. Okay, we know it had to come off anyway if it was peeling but him tearing it wasn't what I planned on. He loves the bathroom. He loves to turn on the water in the bathtub. He loves to flush the toilet. Most of all he loves to brush his teeth. What a boy. I hope he always wants to stay this clean.

He is at the point of trying to talk. If you ask him to. He does good with syllables. Tonight he repeated his night time prayers with Sam. The words are so not understandable, but he has the right # of syllables. And he said Jesus and Amen well enough that normal people, not just his parents, could understand them. I'm proud of my boy.

Slade has begun making me snakes and balls with Play-Doh. (I hate the way that Play-Doh smells. It is certainly distinct.) But Slade gets excited about making his snakes. We have to be careful while playing though because there is a little brother who likes to eat the Play-Doh.

The other day when I got it out for Slade and Scott to play with Slade did something wrong. I don't remember what he did but he had to wait to play for awhile. Because Scott was already up there waiting for the play time I just let him have the Play-Doh. He acted like he was playing with it but I never saw a piece of it broken off. When I had finished talking to Slade I was getting up to move the stuff over to Slade's place too and saw that Scott's mouth was full of the Play-Doh. That is just gross. He got sick, I almost did, but we all got thru the excitement. The boys haven't seen the Play-Doh since then. Don't tell them where it is.

This family and all the beauty they bring are the reason I am happy. I will work so hard, and clean up ugly and unclean Play-Doh off the floor, and listen to Slade's explanation of what the picture that he drew me is, and smile each night. Then hopefully, if we work hard, we will live happily ever after. (It sounds cheesy. Oh, well.)

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Julie Castellon said...

Loved it! I am so excited to be able to read about your life. We never have the time to get to all of the fun details of daily life. Love it!

I too have a weird feeling about Play-doh... it is like something in the air that I can almost taste instead of smell. It is just somehow.

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home